We are currently hiring for a remote Senior SAP Business Area Analyst – PP/QM. The Senior SAP Business Area Analyst – PP/QM will report to the Manager, PP/QM/WM Business Solutions, and be responsible for design, development and test of the SAP processes in Production Planning/Execution and Quality Management areas. It will also include building integration with other systems and providing solutions across companies and SAP instances using SAP PP and QM software. Implementation includes business requirements gathering, design and development, testing, and rollout of solutions within SAP and the associated integration points to external business applications. The analyst is also responsible for day-to-day support of the operational system. The employee will be providing their expertise and delivering assigned tasks for production support as well as projects.
- Provide business system analysis and process redesign expertise within Production Planning and Quality Management functions to translate business requirements into system solutions.
- Perform SAP Production Planning/Execution and Quality Management module configuration as required to support functional requirements based on break-fix, enhancement or project requests in the areas of Forecasting, Demand Planning, MPS/MRP, production/process orders, Capacity Planning, SOP/Logistics Information System (standard and custom info structures).
- Research, analyze, document, test and implement SAP changes to meet the requirements of the organization.
- Develop detailed functional specifications and work closely with Application Developers to accomplish common goals.
- Understand SAP’s master data integrity, information flow processes, and architecture structure.
- Communicate and record tasks and time usage and status appropriately.
- Gather business and system requirements
- Convert requirements to business processes and application design using best practice methods and considering a shared business environment.
- Customize SAP PP and QM modules of SAP.
- Develop functional specification for interfaces, data conversions, enhancements and reports
- Develop test scenarios and conduct unit, string, and integration tests
- Define system implementation strategy and schedules
- Conduct end user training
- Advise and act on corrective actions to stay on defined project schedules
- Provide proactive support for business customers to a high degree of technical competency in accordance with the business requirements and standard working practices.
- Share knowledge and identify areas for, and contribute toward, improvement.
- Identify opportunities for business process re-engineering that will provide value to the company.
- Take full responsibility for all manual and automated testing methodologies of software implementations.
- Prioritize, plan and manage work within a shared services environment.
- IT Process Development
- Industry Solution and tool evaluation
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or software engineering or related field.
- Additional courses in SAP PP and QM configuration from a certified SAP training institute or an online source are desirable but not required.
- 6-7 years of experience in SAP PP and QM, including integration points with SD, MM, WM
- 3-5 years business experience
- 5-10 full SAP lifecycle implementations
- Configuration experience in SAP ECC 6.0 in all aspects of PP and QM functionality.
- Analytical ability to work with complex processes, perform root cause analysis to identify, diagnose, find opportunities and solve problems.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical and business information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to perform analysis to ensure system functionality is performing satisfactorily and business requirements have been met.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
- SAP knowledge is a plus: MII, ME, MEINT
- SAP knowledge is a plus: SD, MM, WM
- ABAP knowledge is a plus.
- EDI knowledge is a plus.
- SAP PI Sheets and xSteps knowledge is a plus.